Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Certain features of RecruitRadar.com require you to provide personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information generally includes information that could be used to determine your identity, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and birth date. The following are certain situations in which we may collect personally identifiable information from you:
- Subscription. When you subscribe with us, we may ask for personally identifiable information like your name, phone number, e-mail address and birth date. We collect this personally identifiable information from you.
- Use of Forums. If you choose to transmit, submit or post information through any forums available on RecruitRadar.com, we will collect that information you provide.
- Forms. We may collect personally identifiable information from you if you choose to fill out any forms, profiles, or surveys on RecruitRadar.com.
- Correspondence. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on RecruitRadar.com, we may choose to collect such information about you.
- Business Partners. We may receive your personally identifiable information from one of our business partners.
- Other Sources. We may receive and collect information about you from other sources, such as instant messaging services, blogs, newspapers, and other users of our products and services.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We use your personally identifiable information as follows:
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
- to contact you and deliver information to you such as administrative notices, offerings, and other communications relevant to your use of RecruitRadar.com;
- to analyze site usage, conduct market research, improve marketing and promotional efforts, and improve and customize our content, layout, products and services;
- to provide customer support and troubleshoot and resolve problems and disputes;
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business:
- Forums. Any information that you place or submit to be placed within any forum on RecruitRadar.com may be disclosed to the public. “Forums” include profiles, blogs, messaging, chat rooms, bulletin boards and other forums available on RecruitRadar.com.
- Player Information. If you subscribe as a “Player” on RecruitRadar.com, then we may disclose your name, email address, address and phone number to athletic coaches at colleges and universities.
- Advertisers. We may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes.
- External Service Providers. There may be a number of separate services offered by third parties on RecruitRadar.com that we refer to as external service providers and that may be complementary to your use of RecruitRadar.com. We will only provide your personally identifiable information to an external service provider with your consent. To prevent the disclosure of your personally identifiable information to an external service provider, you can decline such consent or simply not use their services.
- Internal Service Providers. We may use third parties that we refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of our business, product and service operations (e.g., technology, Forums, analytical tools, advertising campaign management) and therefore we may provide some of your personal information directly to these internal service providers. We implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of your personally identifiable information by internal service providers, unless you have provided permission for additional uses.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right (and you authorize us) to share or disclose your personally identifiable information when we determine, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of your personally identifiable information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against you if:
- you are interfering with another's rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- necessary or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation; and/or
- requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency.
Wemay use third-party advertising companies for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Using third-party advertising companies helps us and third-party advertisers better determine which advertisements or content to serve to you. For example, the third-party advertisers may use information regarding your visits to RecruitRadar.com and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services, that third party advertisers believe will be of interest to you.
The types of information that may be collected by third-party advertising companies include the following:
- the type of Internet browser you use;
- the type of computer operating system you use;
- the domain name of a Web site you visit, as well as information related to Web sites and Web pages you are viewing when an advertisement is requested;
- whether or not you visit specific pages of RecruitRadar.com or other Web sites;
- the location of your Internet service provider's point of presence;
- the date and time of a visit to a Web site;
- search keywords passed from another server;
- the number of times you have clicked on an advertisement; and
- other interactions between you and a Web site.
If you would like to opt-out of third-party advertising companies' use of such information, click here
and send us an email with your information so we can take you off of that list.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here
Limitations to User Preferences
Please note that as long as you maintain an account with us, you may not "opt out" of receiving service or account-related emails from RecruitRadar.com.
In addition, in the event that we provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of our use of your personally identifiable information, even after you opt-out with us, third parties may continue to use any personally identifiable information that may be in their possession and you may still receive offers from third parties. You must contact these third parties directly to opt-out of their use of your personally identifiable information. We are not responsible for any third party's use or failure to stop using your personally identifiable information.
We send only verified, double-opt-in e-mails, specifically requested by our subscribers. We are fully compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003.
"Cookies" are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer's hard drive. We, our external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies, may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. We, and our external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies gather anonymous information about you through cookie technology on an aggregate level only. For example, a third-party advertising company may assign a cookie (and a Web beacon, described below) to you, to limit the amount of times you see a particular advertisement or to help better determine which advertisements to serve to you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer.
“Web beacons”, also called single-pixels (1x1) or clear GIFs, are electronic images that allow a Web site to access cookies and help track marketing campaigns and general usage patterns of visitors to those Web sites. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookie numbers, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with third parties through the use of Web beacons.
- Internal use of Web beacons. We may use Web beacons internally to count users and recognize users through cookies. Access to cookies helps us personalize your experience when you visit RecruitRadar.com.
- Email.We may include Web beacons in HTML-formatted email messages that we or our affiliates or agents send. Including Web beacons in email messages helps us determine your interest in and the effectiveness of such emails.
- External use of Web beacons. We may also use Web beacons externally. For example, we may report aggregate information about RecruitRadar.com users, such as demographic and usage information, to third parties. We may also include other company’s Web beacons within RecruitRadar.com.
We use industry-standard security measures to protect your information. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises our security measures, we will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party's ability to view, use or disseminate such information.
Links to Other Web sites
RecruitRadar is not for Persons Under 13
RecruitRadar.com is only intended for individuals 13 years of age or older. If you access or subscribe with RecruitRadar.com, you represent and warrant that you are 13 years of age or older.
On RecruitRadar.com, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not allow Children to subscribe with RecruitRadar.com by collecting birth dates to validate individuals’ ages. Other than requiring a birth date, we cannot and do not verify that information submitted to us is from an adult. If we receive a complaint which states that a user of RecruitRadar.com is under 13 years of age, we will comply with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) and other applicable law.
We understand that parents and legal guardians may allow children between the ages of 13 and 18 (“Teenagers”) to access and subscribe with RecruitRadar.com. IF YOU ARE A TEENAGER, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PARENT’S OR LEGAL GUARDIAN’S CONSENT BEFORE YOU ACCESS OR SUBSCRIBE WITH RECRUITRADAR.COM.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of College Coaches and other users of RecruitRadar.com.
Governing Law; Arbitration